Information security is a state of well-being of information and infrastructure in which the possibility of theft, tampering and disruption of information and services is kept low or tolerable.
The information security has the next elements:
- Confidentiality: Assurance that the information is accessible only to those authorized to have access.
- Integrity: The trustworthiness of data or resources in terms of preventing improper and unauthorized changes.
- Availability: Assurance that the systems responsable for delivering, storing and processing information are accessible when required by the authorized users.
- Authenticity: Authenticity refers to the characteristic of a communication, document or any data that ensures the quality of being genuine.
- Non-repudiation: Guarantee that the sender of a message cannot later deny having sent the message and that the recipient cannot deny having received the message